Friday, May 9, 2008

WeGo Bezurk: What's in a Name? Confusion I Say


In the latest renaming game that's happening online, Bezurk.com, a travel metasearch site, like Kayak.com, is changing it's name to Wego.com.

I guess it makes sense, but why do online companies insist on creating confusion. In all the rush to create "unique" names that stick, we forget that consumers have to remember them in the first place. Perhaps we need to spend more time on that part of the research process.

Technorati Tags:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

my guess is that online start ups have limited choices when coming up with names as every half decent name has already been registered as a dot.com years ago.

I really like Wego as a brand name, they must have paid a mint to aquire it as its short, snappy and very catchy and a damn site easier to spell than Bezurk

 

My Blog List

Hello

Hotel eComm Insights © 2008 Business Ads Ready is Designed by Ipiet Supported by Tadpole's Notez